Monday 8 April 2013

13 ROOMS BY SANTIAGO SIERRA - My life as a living sculpture

                                         Walsh Bay - Pier 2/3 Monday 8th April 2013



Today the entire 13 Rooms came together; performers, producer, project curators Ulrich Obrist and Klaus Biesenbach and Kaldor Public Arts Projects kingpin Mr. John Kaldor. There was a real buzz of electricity this morning on the pier. The project's 13 rooms and surrounding space is almost complete. When I looked around at the incredible transformation of the space I realised the depth of commitment, the time, effort, love and expertise that went into giving this great Kaldor Public Arts Project life.


                                                        My little corner of the art world

I experienced my first full shift of standing in the corner (half hour shifts) where staring into my corner wall reminds me of those sun dusted days where one cannot delineate between the sky and ocean. The visitors entered and walked behind you, around you and asked questions of each other and occasionally would talk loud enough for me to hear. All in giving good art. It was surprisingly difficult and standing silent and still almost as if I was inside the whiteness of my corner. A sense of lostness swept over me but with this came the reverberation of memories and I had silence and time to reflect. I have many more shifts to go and each day will bring something more than I expect. I expect.


                            13 ROOMS Thursday 11th April 2013 to Sunday 21st April 2013







No comments:

Post a Comment