Friday 12 April 2013

Saturday 13th April 2013 ARTvalanCHE

       
                          BIGARTDaYOUt


ACTION SHOT
This morning brief, it’s going to be a big day. People are hassling security to get in. It’s a mob of art fanatics and I hope I don’t blooded in. Yesterday my aching foot improved yet, today it’s throbbing again today and I think it’s time to get it checked out. Google doctor can only do so much. The performers are off stretching and limbering their lovely limbs, whereas we in Santiago Sierra’s Room are chewing on trail mix and diet soda. The amount of visitors today is going to impact greatly on our corner standing routine. Increased visitors’ means less muscle relaxation.

There is a definite hum of expectation that’s electrifying the building… (Show time folks).
First shift subdued. A couple of door openers and closers, I heard someone standing at the doorway and in a long slow drawling whisper say, ‘Right.’ Another art fan arrived with his toddler daughter. The wandered around the room not sure of what was expected of them or me. The toddler asked her dad a few odd questions I couldn’t hear until I heard her ask dad, ‘Can we got to another room where something happens…’


In some other space this would be art
Green Room Dumbo
              
                                                             LECTURE


Is this absurd? In many respects having people walk around and standing looking at other people in awkward poses. In reality we should name this 13 AKWARD SITUATIONS. Therefore laughing out aloud is probably the sanest reaction to have. Standing in my corner with the room filled with silent art fans leering would present the new visitor with a laugh. Literally 13ROOMS goes somewhere close to what I heard Dennis Hopper say with regards to R. Mutt, ‘I point and say, 'this is art'.’ I get it.  For example In the green room where we chew on nuts and bullshit the invigilators (remember them) could easily put up a sign, ‘Performers lounging’, 2012 and allow the public to wade through taking pictures and making sensible remarks on the authenticity of the piece. Now I do not mean to be disingenuous because I really have enjoyed the buzz 13 ROOMS has generated. But (and here comes that term) the fog of context insures 13 ROOMS’ meaningfulness (maybe).

ART FANS CRAM THE REVOLVING DOOR
ART FANS FREAKING OUT




No comments:

Post a Comment