Saturday 13 April 2013

Sunday 14th April 2013 A BLOG OF ART

Sunday is searing. The fans are massing at the gates, 'Abandon all lucidity ye who enter here' or don't. It seems as if my life has been taken over by 13 ROOMS. I wake up and sleep with thoughts of standing in my corner. Every time I think it's getting easier it gets harder. When I think of time in minutes I can clearly delineate between two types of fifteen minutes. The fifteen minutes I'm standing in the room which feels to me to drip by in slow motion. My attempts at meditation are at times paying off but mostly I struggle with simply standing still and thinking about how many minutes have ticked off. Sunday shift has begun and I feel like going home. Perhaps it's the blazing heat.


                                                                  Blog of wood # 1



                                                                  Blog of Wood # 2



This 13ROOMS gig is just like the army, standing around doing nothing except here I’m facing the corner.


                                                                               Identity

The Don - Mr. John Kaldor


What is so difficult about standing still for fifteen minutes (originally it was thirty minutes and after a day of that routine I kind of wanted to tell Mr. Sierra to…well, we now do fifteen minutes). Standing still on a hard floor causes:
1.    Discomfort to feet, shoulders, neck and back.
2.    It’s only fifteen minutes though?
3.    Standing close to a white wall in the corner is dull.
4.    It’s only fifteen minutes though?
5.    The mind wanders the body is still.
6.    All I can think about is guessing how far into fifteen minutes I am.
7.    Thought trails soothe but they only work spontaneously and come rarely
8.     I must be missing something.

 Sally, Jackson, Beckett, Ruby and the always-stunning Violet Tingle Violet Tingle's wonderful blog My Darling Darlinghurst visited the 13 ROOMS today. The boys dashed into the room screaming, ‘daddy, daddy, daddy…’ I was happy to hear them, as I knew they would do this when they initially saw me. Jackson asked, “Why you standing there?’ Shouts and screams of joy continued throughout their visit. Art fans considering the nature of the activity. ‘Is this part of the performance?’

Jackson is having a ball coming to his conclusions about what ‘these’ people (13 ROOMS People) are doing. He asked again, ‘Dad why are you standing in the corner.’
‘I’ll explain later.’
Still, most of the art fans would love an explanation because, I feel I can sense their need for narrative. These performances/interpretations are running their own program. This does not fit within the time constraints we have become conditioned to with regards to television, movies (except Soviet cinema re: Tractor Workers et al) and even theatre. And I am not saying 13 ROOMS is any better it’s different yes, however within it’s genre it’s what it is. Anything goes! Considering the remarks and passing critiques of fans visiting they enjoy the novelty, and perhaps 13 ROOMS kindles a craving for the creative adventure. Yet, following the plot between boundaries serves a greater purpose for most of us as we feel at ease with beginning, middle and end. Just thinking with ink.

Dad your job is easy. I just sit here?
Who are those people?



Together at 13 ROOMS

Can we go home now dad?


1 comment: